Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Place Only Low Sealed Bids That Depend On The Size Of The Unit

Business, Home Business.

Using sealed bids to win mini storage auction units - many folks are finding items to sell on ebay or locally by winning mini storage auction units. After all, once you get hooked on putting fast cash in your pocket via Ebay, the next question is - Where do I get more items to sell?


This is a great way to potentially get a lot of items for pennies on the dollar. - one great answer is mini storage auctions! A sealed bid is a bid placed at any time before the Mini Storage Unit auction and will be opened at the time and place of the actual auction. A question that I get asked a lot about Mini Storage Unit auctions is whether or not to place sealed bids. Some facilities accept sealed bids and some do not. At my favorite Storage Building facility, there is usually at least one sealed bid opened at the beginning at the auction for each bin.


Occasionally, you may find a Mini Storage Auction that is all sealed bids( like a silent auction) , however, those are rare, in my experience. - sealed bids are great for the owners of the facilities as it guarantees them at least one bid, gets the unit cleaned out which is their prime objective, and often starts the bidding off at a good pace. You may have to place a number of bids in order to win an auction, but the time and expense will be minimal. Sealed bids may be a great strategy for someone who cannot attend the Mini Storage Unit auctions that are held during the week or whenever you cannot be there in person. I would only place a sealed bid at a facility that I am familiar with. This in no way gives me a guarantee of good value, but it does greatly increase the odds in my favor! This way I have a better chance of knowing what the units in the building are generally like.


I place only low sealed bids that depend on the size of the unit. - this only happens once in a while but remember, even if there is nothing of value in the unit, if you win it, you still have to clean it out. My usual sealed bid amount for a 10 ft by 10 ft unit is in the neighborhood of$ 2This is high enough to give me a chance of winning the unit while still being low enough to risk losing if the unit has nothing of value in it. If you bid too high, you may find yourself paying for the privilege of cleaning out the unit. Then your bid is much more of an informed guess rather than a blind guess. Whenever possible, it is much better to attend the Mini Storage Auction so that you can see the unit for yourself.


However, you could really hit the jackpot and this is much more likely than if you spent those same dollars on the lottery! - i love mini storage unit auctions as a way to put fast cash in my pocket.

No comments: